Request for Roster - Security Associate (G6 - Multiple Openings) Aden, AlMukalla, AlMakha, At-Turbah
World Food Programme
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
- Title of Post: Security Associate
- Grade: G6
- Supervisor: TBC
- Unit: Security
- Division/Country Office: Yemen CO
- Duty Station: Aden, Al Mukalla , Al Makha & At Turbah
- Duration of Contract: 12 months
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace and stability for populations impacted by conflict, disasters and climate change.
WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world, and is the largest sustained emergency operation in history, providing lifesaving monthly food assistance to 10.5 million people most in need. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
To perform tasks related to the implementation and assessment of security measures and maintenance of equipment with a view towards providing updates and recommendations to facilitate informed decision-making and secure WFP staff, facilities and operations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Review security threats and risks in detail and compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, in order to ensure information is accurately collated and sent to senior security staff to support reporting and decision making.
2. Review security related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to produce a range of analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
3. Liaise and co-ordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors, to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
4. Plan and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and perform security assessments within the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
5. Analyse security assessment reports following field missions and present detailed recommendations for risk mitigation to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
6. Assist in advising the Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
7. Support the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
8. Support the maintenance and management of security equipment and make recommendations to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
9. Monitor and ensure that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
10. Maintain and develop recommendations for improving emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures, to support preparedness for a crisis.
11. Deliver security training to staff and review security training needs in order to develop measures to meet business requirements.
12. Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Six years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Specialised knowledge of the application of practical methods, techniques, procedures and systems used in security, typically gained through technical training and work experience.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of security logistics, security administration, risk assessment and co-ordination with local authorities and local law enforcement agencies.
• Training and experience in fire and related intervention/evacuation procedures.
• Ability to manage emergency situations and remain calm.
• Attention to detail and constant vigilance in order to promptly detect any breach in security measures.
• Ability to interpret information, use judgement and inform supervisors of any incidents which might impact the UNWFP staff and operations.
• Excellent communication skills in order to maintain frequent correspondence with both, internal staff and external authorities with regards to security advisories and security incidents.
• Willingness to attend security trainings and comply with UNSMS standards
Language: Fluency (level B) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Strategic approach to security risk management||Demonstrates understanding of strategic approaches to security to identify potential threats. Contributes to the creation and implementation of WFPs mitigation measures.|
|Operational knowledge of security risk management||Demonstrates some understanding of day to day security operations. Contributes knowledge to development of resolutions to aspects of challenges faced, as directed.|
|Security resource management||Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and financial resource usage on a project-level basis.|
|Analysis and solution development||Demonstrates understanding of key UN inter-governmental body partner agencies. Understands implications of security information and reports and supports in the identification of mitigating actions against threats and vulnerabilities to WFP’s operations.|
|Planning compliance and emergency management||Supports in planning and prioritisation practices in-line with established security policies and procedures.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has gained sound knowledge of security operations technical processes
• Has provided technical guidance and training to staff members within area of expertise
• Has supported research and collation of data which feeds into reports that inform security operations activities
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national/ has a valid work/residency permit.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Something looks off?