Primary Health Center Coordinator
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Consultant ( Medical Coordinator), CSTI, Cox’s Bazar
Grade: CST I
Type of contract: International Consultancy
Duration: until 31 December 2023
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Vacancy Number: 827364
Date of Publication:25 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 31 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for International professionals.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
To respond to the needs of COVID-19 care among UN personnel and partner NGO staff in Cox's bazaar, a Medical Treatment Facility (MTF), that has the capacity of up to 50 bed has been set up with the participation of IOM, WFP, UNICEF, and UNHCR. The services at the facility will be managed by IQARUS, an international agency that has experience in providing medical services in demanding and complex environments.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Undertake the MTF project coordination on behalf of UNHCR and other UN agencies to ensure smooth running of the facility.
• Closely work with the UNHCR Supply team in handling all matters related to the contract with IQARUS, including any amendments.
• Monitor/track the project progress against the contract and highlight any deviations to UNHCR management attention enabling timely decision making.
• Coordinate with IQARUS in undertaking necessary verifications before funds release/payments by UNHCR.
• Facilitate the inputs required from other UN organizations for the maintenance and upkeep of the building
• Ensure documentation of the project progress from UNHCR's perspective.
• Develop a risk management plan from the UN's point of view share it with the UNHCR management, agree on the mitigations, and monitor the progress
• Contribute to the rescoping the project if needed based on the changes in the epidemic trajectory.
• Lead project evaluation in Dec 2021
• Ensure compliance with the contract terms and conductions by the contractor.
• Submit monthly report to the line manager
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor's degree Management, Economics, Social Sciences, Law, relevant discipline with 5 years of experience or Master's degree with more than 2 years of experience
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Project management or /related experience
• Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification will be an asset
• Accounting and financial verification and accounting will be an asset
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. The country strategic plan is aligned with the United Nations sustainable development cooperation framework for Bangladesh for 2022‒2026 and the eighth five-year plan (covering the period July 2020‒June 2025) of the Government of Bangladesh. It is informed by the recommendations of an independent evaluation of the country strategic plan for 2017–2021 and consultation with key stakeholders. It will contribute to Sustainable Development Goals 2 and 17 through four strategic outcomes.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 May 2023 (Bangladesh Standard time).
Something looks off?