Re-advertisement: Project Manager (Digitalization)
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity, and disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority, or discrimination. All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
|POSITION:||RE-ADVERTISEMENT: PROJECT MANAGER (DIGITALIZATION)|
|JOB PROFILE/ FUNCTIONAL AREA:||BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION OFFICER/ INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||SERVICE CONTRACT|
|CONTRACT DURATION:||12 MONTHS WITH POSSIBLE EXTENSION|
|DUTY STATION:||MANILA, PHILIPPINES|
|VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER:||828696|
|NO. OF OPENING(S)||ONE (1)|
|DATE OF PUBLICATION:||07 SEPTEMBER 2023|
|DEADLINE OF APPLICATION:||21 SEPTEMBER 2023|
This position is open to Filipino nationals only
In the Philippines, WFP focuses on crisis response and resilience building. Two of its strategic objectives are as follows: “Crisis-affected people in the Philippines are able to meet their food and nutrition needs during and immediately after an emergency” and “National and local government agencies have enhanced capabilities to reduce vulnerability to shocks”. Going forward, preparedness is core to WFP’s pillar on crisis response in the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2024-2028. These strategic objectives are framed within the context of the Philippines being one of the world’s most disaster-prone countries. It is an archipelago exposed to multiple hazards including intense typhoons, long-lasting floods, landslides, volcanic eruptions, and droughts. Disasters remain a leading cause of hunger, affecting all aspects of food security: economic and physical access to food, availability and stability of supplies, and nutrition.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
The World Food Programme (WFP) continues to enable the Government’s preparedness and response capacities in the Philippines. The Country Office will implement the Preparedness and Response Excellence in the Philippines (PREP) project through a series of support actions in partnership with or directed at relevant national agencies and local government units. Additionally, various minimum and advanced preparedness actions in emergencies will be undertaken internally.
The Business Transformation Officer will support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that will enable partners and government agencies in terms of system automation and digitalization in line with WFP’s I&T and Country Capacity Strengthening strategies, especially support for digital transformation.
The job holder will support the activities of the Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) Unit particularly in managing and coordinating the development of information management systems with the government and ensure implementation of workplan along business transformation support to relevant national agencies.
The Business Transformation Officer will be supervised by the Programme Policy Officer (EPR) with overall guidance from the Emergency Coordinator.
The job holder is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance; and able to exercise sound judgment in dealing with operational issues daily. The job holder is also expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive)
Within the assigned unit and delegated authority, the Business Transformation Officer will be accountable and responsible for the following duties:
- Contribute to capturing, analysis and documentation (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) of business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Work with more senior team members to communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
- Contribute to the baselining and tracking of business requirements through to implementation for efficient management of change.
- Test and analyze IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
- Maintain contacts with business counterparts to bring their requests into IT and keep them informed of actions.
- Maintain up-to-date the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to support effective knowledge management.
- Review how IT service levels align with SLAs for solutions or services focused on the business and alert service managers of discrepancies. Assist to survey business satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
- Support project managers in managing estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, issue management for the effective delivery of IT solutions.
- Adhere to processes and procedures for the Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations and new IT strategy based on the needs of the proponent agency subject to pre-agreed terms and conditions.
- Develop technical skills and knowledge and build awareness of industry developments.
- Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
- Help to determine need for additional capacity related to data analysis, data coordination, user experience, cloud infrastructure, among others.
- Prepare clear technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions to facilitate IT systems development and maintenance including infrastructure design.
- Commitment to cooperative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product are required.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT, Telecommunications and Business Transformation.
- Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP can maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
- Perform other related responsibilities and duties as required
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master's or Doctorate) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other IT relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
- Experience: At least five (5) years’ experience in human centred design research, project management, agile IT development, workflow and business process analysis, service design, systems development and software management particularly in establishing management information systems including cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of DRRM in the Philippines and processes of humanitarian assistance. Knowledge in project management, service design, software and systems development and architecture and development of management information systems.
- Language: Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English required.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience in all aspects of system/software development, management, and maintenance including experience in developing MIS solutions using ASP.NET MVC or similar applications with C#. Proficient knowledge in MSSQL/PostgreSQL/or similar RDBMS.
- Experience in developing and consuming REST APIs, understanding of code versioning tools using Git/DevOps. Ability to communicate with senior management and stakeholders
- Proven experience in terms of Business Transformation and Information Technology.
- Familiarity and experience working with government agencies on information management systems, capacity development, emergency preparedness, response, contingency planning, as well as inter-agency coordination
- Effective interpersonal communication and coordination skills
- Proven and demonstrable project management skills
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English; fluency in any regional language an advantage
- Proficiency in Windows (MS Word, MS Excel). Five years of professional experience is desirable.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
- Ability to compile, maintain and analyse data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions in support of work of the Emergency Officer or delegated project manager.
- Ability to work in a team and maintain effective work relationships with EPR counterparts and staff within the country office.
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behavior aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
- Leading by example with integrity,
- Driving results and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Applying strategic thinking,
- Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
WFP offers a competitive salary package including an approximate monthly salary of PHP81,000.00, leave entitlements, and comprehensive medical insurance which can be extended to eligible dependents.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-opening. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process, including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability-related Reasonable Accommodations
A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
The above emails are only to be used for any disability-related accessibility requirements and not for sending the application itself. Due to the volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered formal applications and will not receive a reply from WFP.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.