Call for applications: Talent Acquisition Assistant SC-5 | Kyiv
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 828721
📢 Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Human Resources Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Kyiv
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
🔄 Successful candidates will be placed on the talent pool and may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high-performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
You will implement the approaches needed to identify attract and acquire the best talent to meet WFP business needs.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has had drastic consequences, both for people inside the country and for those around the world dependent on its huge grain supplies. It has caused one of the fastest forced population movements since the Second World War. Close to 8 million Ukrainians are living as refugees across Europe, and another 5.3 million are internally displaced. Many are destitute, having lost their homes and livelihoods. As food production and supply lines are disrupted by fighting, many families in the east and south do not have reliable access to nutritious food.
WFP uses a flexible mix of food and cash assistance to support vulnerable Ukrainians wherever they are. This includes working with local partners to distribute food rations in areas near the frontline and providing cash transfers wherever people have access to banks and markets to buy food. Since March 2022, WFP has distributed food and cash assistance equivalent to 1.9 billion meals to families displaced and affected by the war, partnering directly with local responders.
WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various countries, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus medical insurance.
How can you make a difference?
In this position, you will have to:
- Contribute to the development of effective talent acquisition strategies by using new technologies, social media, software, and networks, to identify, attract and hire the best talent in support of WFP Ukraine’s strategic goals.
- Stay up-to-date on new media tools, and best practices, and seek management’s support to implement them for achieving recruitment goals.
- Articulate WFP’s employee value proposition to enhance visibility and reputation in key sourcing channels by carrying out impactful and target employer branding activities.
- Contribute to maintaining strong partnerships that include outreach to schools, institutions of higher learning, target diversity organizations, professional associations, and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong talent pipeline.
- Contribute to the accuracy of Talent Acquisition data in HR systems and tracking tools and the preparation of reports on talent acquisition activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information of stakeholders.
- Increase the quality of applicant flow, including both internal and external, passive, and active candidates.
- Handle full-cycle recruitment for local positions in WFP Ukraine, ensuring adherence to standard WFP policies & WFP Ukraine Talent Acquisition guidelines.
- Establish strong working relationships and constant communication with hiring managers to ensure internal stakeholders’ satisfaction with regard time-to-fill and quality of hires.
- Contribute to the implementation of live events for external local applicants.
- Contribute to delivering internal applicant training to provide transparency on WFP selection processes and equip them with the skills to better prepare themselves for competitive selection.
- Perform other duties as required.
To join us in saving lives, and changing lives, you will have:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Human Resources Management.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in Human Resources, including at least two years in Talent Acquisition (sourcing and recruiting). An advanced university degree may compensate for missing years of experience.
Knowledge & Skills: We are looking for dynamic, agile and creative HR Assistant(s) who have a deep passion for talent acquisition; constantly think about how to introduce new methods and ideas for identifying and engaging top talent required to achieve WFP objectives in Ukraine. Specifically, we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Talent Acquisition leading practices and latest trends (Sourcing, EVP, selection methodologies, onboarding, retention, etc.).
- Demonstrated customer orientation.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals. Ability to quickly build credibility with internal stakeholders.
- Encourage innovative and creative solutions.
- Focus on getting results.
- Ability to leverage social media to connect with diverse communities to brand and market organization and jobs.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, technology, and sourcing tools.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and prioritize multiple stakeholder requests.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both in English and Ukrainian languages.
Standards of behaviour: The WFP Leadership Framework describes the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Applies Strategic Thinking
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to changes
s inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP. Candidates’ alignment with these behaviours is assessed in our selection process.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made based on organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified women applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How do you apply...
To be considered, you are invited to apply via WFP’s recruitment portal. CV and cover letter must be submitted in the English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.