Administration Officer ( Travel), Global Support Services, Fixed Term- NOB, New Delhi,
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This vacancy is open to Indian National only
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. As per WFP's Recruitment & Selection Policy, the definition of ''internal'' is only applicable to WFP staff members holding a permanent, continuing or FT Appointment
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted
A Written test will be conducted for Screening Candidates. Qualified candidates will be invited for panel interview.
Only recommended candidates will be retained on roaster for a period of two years and may be considered for similar positions from roaster
The salary for this position is non-taxable (subject to medical and pension deduction). The incumbent will be entitled to benefits related medical, pension, leave as per WFP policy.
Job Title: Administrative Officer (Travel)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Reporting To: Travel Division Head
Duty Station: New Delhi
Date of Publication: 04 September 2023
Deadline of Application: 18 September 2023
The incumbent of the position operates with a high degree of independence, manage teams to ensure that the global travel administrative objectives are achieved in full. He/she will be heavily involved in day–to-day activities and contribute to daily planning, analytical work and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative travel services to its staff globally.
Under the direct supervision of the Travel Manager based at HQ in Rome, the incumbent of the position will be responsible for the following duties (and beyond) through the following functions:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Travel Services India, including the supervision of a team of eight travel assistants.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff in the Unit and the performance management of the team ensuring all PACE discussions are held and objectives outlined for the year and all PACE activities are completed at year end; continued development and training of staff, contract management and performance of the team to ensure achievement of set objectives.
- Contribute to and implement MSD Strategic Plans, including administrative processes, aligned with wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate Travel policies, standards, regulations and processes
- Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the Travel Entitlements an HQ payments teams and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided the Travel Unit in India with the corporate Travel Policy, Inclusion policy and Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices to improve and enhance Travel processes and procedures.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery travel services.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy people to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Travel Document Approval:
- Review and approve travel documents, including passports, visas, travel itineraries, and where necessary accommodation arrangements.
- Ensure compliance with WFP travel policies and regulations.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of travel documentation.
- Travel Cost and Expense Management:
- Monitor and control travel costs and expenses to ensure adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Review and approve travel expenses, including accommodation, transportation, meals, and incidentals.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and negotiate favorable rates with travel vendors and service providers.
- Team Supervision:
- Lead and supervise a team of travel coordinators or administrators.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to team members, ensuring efficient and accurate handling of travel-related tasks.
- Conduct performance evaluations, set goals, and foster a positive work environment.
- Shipment Arrangement:
- Coordinate shipment of personal effects and unaccompanied baggage
- Arrange logistics and ensure timely delivery of shipments to the desired location.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to handle customs and regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder Liaison:
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, such as travel agencies, airlines, and transportation providers.
- Negotiate contracts, discounts, and incentives to achieve cost savings.
- Collaborate with internal departments to understand their travel requirements and provide suitable options within budgetary constraints.
- Cost-Saving Initiatives:
- Analyze travel-related expenses and identify areas for cost reduction or optimization.
- Develop and implement cost-saving strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor travel trends and industry developments to identify opportunities for enhanced cost savings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- Advanced University degree in Business administration, Hospitability Management, Travel & Leisure or Bachelor's degree in business administration, hospitality management, or a related field with additional years of work experience. Experience :
- At least 3 years of proven post graduate professional work experience in travel management, cost control, or a similar role. Has demonstrated experience in people management and leading teams. Has working experience on travel management software, expense tracking systems, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of WFPs travel regulations, will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise and lead a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work under tight deadlines.
Language: Fluency in oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi is required.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment