Communication, Advocacy and Marketing Officer - NOC - CO
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Qualified Female candidates and Individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to an accessible, inclusive recruitment process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of any disability-related reasonable accommodation or accessibility requests you may have. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs. This email is only to be used for any disability-related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to the volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
|JOB TITLE:||Communication, Advocacy and Marketing Officer|
|TYPE AND LEVEL OF CONTRACT:||NOC|
|UNIT/DIVISION:||EGY CO Communications, Advocacy, and Marketing|
|DUTY STATION (City, Country):||Cairo, Egypt|
|REPORT TO (Job title):||Country Director|
|DURATION & START DATE:||12 months, 1 October 2023|
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) in Egypt has a long-standing partnership of over 55 years with the Government of Egypt, working together to support the most vulnerable communities. WFP’s programmes complement national development initiatives, such as ‘Decent life’ and ‘Solidarity and Dignity’, that aim towards enhancing the food security of the most vulnerable people.
WFP’s interventions in Egypt maintain a holistic development approach that caters to the immediate needs of vulnerable groups through food and nutrition assistance, while contributing to their empowerment through capacity strengthening, awareness raising on various topics, improved livelihoods, financial inclusion, access to education, and enhanced agricultural, climate-adaptive practices.
WFP is seeking a qualified individual to fulfill the role of Communications Officer to support the Egypt Country Office in advancing its communications, advocacy, and external messaging goals under its new Country Strategic Plan 2023-2028. The Communications Officer will lead a team of communication professionals in developing and implementing a comprehensive Communications and Advocacy strategy to enhance the brand recognition, visibility, and reputation of WFP. The Communications Officer will also lead the development of a strong social media presence for the country office to advocate for its programmes in Egypt.
The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen and increase the unit’s capacity by managing a team of communications and advocacy experts, supporting and delivering a range of communications activities, developing social media content, as well as developing partnerships and productive working relationships with celebrities, talent, influencers other related stakeholders to enhance coverage and advocate for WFP’s activities in Egypt.
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive Communications and Advocacy strategy for the WFP Egypt Country Office to enhance brand recognition, visibility, and reputation of WFP, ensuring alignment with WFP global communication strategy.
2. Plan, manage, and evaluate communications and advocacy campaigns that favorably impact the views of the public, opinion leaders, and donors in order to raise WFP’s profile in the country.
3. Prepare communications products that effectively convey the desired message to the targeted audience(s).
4. Maintain and develop strong relations with journalists and media outlets, through managing regular flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media, ensuring reputational risks are identified and managed.
5. Develop a social media strategy for WFP Egypt Country Office, including initiating a dedicated platform for WFP Egypt that will enhance coverage and advocate of WFP’s activities in the country.
6. Developing a plan for generating production of donor-specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos, and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
7. Track and analyze traditional and online media, to identify trends and/or issues, propose solutions, develop holding lines as well as develop ideas to improve the effectiveness of communication strategy and activities.
8. Manage the communications team, develop work plans, monitor performance against objectives, and ensure appropriate development to enable high performance.
9. Coordinate and prepare accurate and timely reporting on communications activities that enable informed decision-making, evaluation of objectives, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
10. Build the capacity of WFP staff on all aspects of external relations communication, providing advice, guidance, and training to ensure consistent, quality communications activities that deliver the desired impact.
11. Work in close collaboration with counterparts to align activities and ensure a coherent approach to communications within WFP.
12. Acting as the spokesperson for WFP Egypt Country Office, representing WFP, advocating for its work in the country as well as responding to media queries and requests for interviews.
13. Build, lead, and manage a team of talented professionals.
14. Lead the development and direct the implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, live action, and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
15. Generate multimedia content including, text, photos, and infographics for use across a range of integrated online platforms, supporting regional communication activities and ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
16. Develop partnerships and productive working relationships with celebrities, talent, influencers other related stakeholders to build/leverage networking opportunities and integrate into strategic planning.
17. Provide inspirational creative and thought leadership on ways to reach and gain the attention of target audiences.
18. Plan and manage campaign executions, on time, on budget, and to scope.
19. Manage external agencies and publishing partners as necessary for that which we cannot do internally.
20. Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Advanced Graduate University degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications, or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in progressively responsible functions of strategic communications, spokesman function, producing, editing, and disseminating multimedia content for social media audiences on Twitter,
- Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to develop an understanding of the development scene in the country to feed into the development of a Strategic Communications Plan aiming to enhance brand recognitions as well as raise the profile of WFP.
- Strong knowledge of communications concepts to generate or facilitate the generation of effective communication materials across various platforms.
- Demonstrates ability to formulate and maintain strong relationships with key media and influencers.
- Leads in implementing identified strategies to raise the profile of WFP and build relationships.
- Ability to identify and mitigate areas of reputational risk. Acting as the spokesperson for WFP in the country.
- Provides guidance to team members in developing and implementing different components of the implemented Communications Strategy.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in Arabic and English language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Attractive salary in accordance with industry standards. Please visit United Nations Salary Scales for more details.
- Attractive pension plan
- Child allowance
- Medical coverage for staff and eligible dependents
- Variety of leave entitlements, including but not limited to 30 days annual leaves per year, maternity/paternity leave, and special leave arrangements.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for Applications is 18th of September
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation, abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.