Internship - HR
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this post is September 18, 2023.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian organization, saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. For its efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
The Panama Regional Bureau supports 14 offices (13 country offices and the regional office) in Latin America and the Caribbean, to deliver professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR and Talent Management solutions, aligned to WFP corporate priorities. In 2021 the WFP People Policy was issued, aligned to WFP’s Strategic Plan, establishing a coherent framework for excellence in people management by outlining the organisation’s workforce vision, commitments, and its expectation of employees’ behaviours. The new HR Strategy 2021-2025 presents a transformational blueprint for how HR will prioritize outputs and resources to strengthen the programs, processes and policies that will support people management excellence in WFP.
The Human Resources Intern will be part of the RBP HR team under the leadership and overall guidance of the Regional HR Officer for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Provide support to a wide range of key HR initiatives and processes coordinated by the team, related to talent management and employee lifecycle.
- Support related initiatives in preparation for the launch of WFP´s new Human Capital Management system, Workday, and contribute to implementation in the region in Q1 2024.
- Support data analysis and reporting related to talent acquisition, performance management, onboarding and learning and development.
- Coordinate issuance of UN IDs and work certificates.
- Be part of the HR team that works closely with Country Offices to support the effective implementation of WFP´s People Policy and HR Strategy in the region.
- Other related duties as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Effective support provided to the different talent management and employee lifecycle initiatives.
- HR trackers up to date.
- Work certificates and UN IDs issued and delivered on time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university programme, having completed at least two years of the programme, in Human Resources or related fields. Candidates should have attended classes in the past 12 months. OR be currently enrolled in a graduate university programme, in Human Resources or related fields. Candidates should have attended classes in the past 12 months. OR be a recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate university programme, in Human Resources or related field, within six months prior to the application to this internship.
Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English and Spanish. Knowledge of French would be an asset.
Knowledge of an indigenous language from the region would be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, MS Teams).
- Demonstrated self-starter with drive and initiative.
- Proficiency in data analysis and data reporting.
- Good communication skills, both orally and writing.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Ability to familiarize quickly with new concepts and information.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a multicultural environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes a panel interview.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Number of openings: 1
Duration: 8 months
Duty Station: Panama city, Panama
Type of contract: Intern
The Intern will receive a monthly stipend from WFP which is the equivalent of 14% of the daily subsistence allowance prevailing in Panama City for each day worked, but no to exceed US$ 966 per month.
The internship is normally on a full-time basis in accordance with the working schedule of the WFP office.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.