Head of ShareTheMeal Partnerships
World Food Programme
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Short-listed candidates may be subject to written assessment.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables, please acknowledge the level of this consultancy offer and be aware that as per UN policy any negotiation based merely on personal cv is not allowed.
This consultancy assignment is renewable upon funding.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the Organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!
JOB TITLE: Head of ShareTheMeal Partnerships
UNIT/DIVISION: Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF)
DUTY STATION: Berlin, Germany or Remote
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular Consultant (CST Level II)
DURATION: 11 months
LINE MANAGER/SUPERVISOR: Head of ShareTheMeal
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change. Around 20,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
ShareTheMeal is WFP’s fundraising and awareness-raising app. Free to download, the award-winning app is a pioneering way for people to join our efforts in creating a world with zero hunger. ShareTheMeal was launched in 2015 as the first pilot of WFP’s Innovation Accelerator, which among other things supports start-ups and innovators in developing their ideas for zero hunger.
Over 1 million ShareTheMeal supporters worldwide have shared more than 160 million meals (US$ 100 million). WFP is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy for individual giving, and ShareTheMeal is a key driver for this strategy going forward. The team, located in Berlin and around the globe, is focused on further developing the app and platform to include new and innovative features, and on increasing the engagement of existing users and growing the user base through marketing and communication initiatives.
Leveraging the existing and upcoming CSR Partnerships and Partner API integration features of ShareTheMeal, WFP is seeking an individual who is driving these partnerships forward. The role includes aspects of Business Development and Account Management with focus on global partnerships.
The Consultant, reporting to the Head of ShareTheMeal, is expected to:
Develop a global market strategy and identify potential partners to scale income generation in an effective and efficient way; lead on the prospection of new geographic regions and opportunities
• Develop GTM strategies and business plans, using data to forecast impact, ROAS and ROI and provide guidance to support future growth
• Develop successful approaches for potential partners and work with internal stakeholders to ensure successful partnership development incl. due diligence processes where applicable
• Develop and deliver effective marketing and pitch materials for relevant stakeholders
• Drive partnership marketing campaigns that support the delivery of the business aspect as per the agreed upon objectives; monitor, optimize and report on campaign results
Ensure excellence in managing and growing existing partnerships
• Develop and manage relations with existing partners, incl. on contractual agreements; monitor and report on partnership performance (incl. donation impact, donor quality, etc.)
• Liaise with relevant internal teams to ensure partnerships are in-line with WFP standards
• Develop opportunities for marketing activations together with partners and support their implementation
• Track, measure and analyze ShareTheMeal partnership activities
Drive on partnership-led growth and boost revenue stream
• Establish and lead on the roadmap to identify untapped revenue potential and manage implementation (e.g. with gaming or food delivery platforms)
• Identify potential business opportunities and optimize ongoing operations of ShareTheMeal-related partnerships
• Lead negotiations for further business development with ShareTheMeal and other WFP stakeholders
• Oversee donor support activities and develop process improvements, deploy automated workflows where applicable
• Represent ShareTheMeal at external events to develop new partnerships and support existing ones
Manage team performance and development
• Lead high-performing teams to create and implement strategic initiatives in support of the goals and priorities, across the board
• Mentor and coach direct reports and their reports as needed, to ensure performance in the team is sustained and continuously improved
• Ensure ways of working and team processes optimize for high impact output, all the while striking a balance between agility and the need to navigate established external structures
• Instill a culture of customer centricity and experimentation, based on data and insights
• Stay abreast of sector trends in major donor fundraising, supporter experience and engagement and bring relevant learning to the team
• Work with our existing global systems, policies, and processes to deliver the objectives of this role in a compliant, collaborative, and effective way
• Any other tasks as consummate with the level of experience and required to support the Partnerships & Business Development team and the PPF division as a whole
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
The Head of ShareTheMeal Partnerships will be responsible for driving and executing the global prospecting strategy (financial and technical contributions), with corporations and corporate foundations specifically. Deliverables for this post include:
• Securing new high-value six or seven-figure corporate or corporate foundation partnerships
• Demonstrable business results in accordance with sustainability and growth objectives, using data and insights as drivers for decision making
• Partnerships in top tier markets are identified and developed into contractual agreements and/or market activations
• Existing partnerships are managed to high quality standards and relationships are further deepened, to drive agreed upon business results
• Partnership activities are tracked and reported, partnership details are in line with WFP standards
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Law, Communications, Social Sciences or any other relevant field; Master’s degree is preferred
• At least nine (9) years of relevant national and international experience in Business Development, Account Management or Marketing, in consumer-facing and/or digital companies, or related fields.
• Experience of prospecting new high value fundraising partners in an international organisation with a development/humanitarian mission, ideally with UN experience is desirable.
• Prior experience prospecting new clients for a private sector company and/or agency is desirable.
• Extensive sales and marketing experience—experienced in research, planning, preparing, and landing pitches and negotiating with potential partners/clients -proven track record of successful negotiations with global enterprises.
• Demonstrated track record of securing multi-million dollar and multi-year partnerships from prospect identification and research to agreement in the non-profit or business sectors.
• Experience in building a new pipeline with a positive attitude towards engaging new audiences. A network of corporate contacts in key markets which will be used to support establishment of prospecting pipeline, would be an asset.
• Previous experience of building new propositions, integrations or ‘products’ for the private sector that reflect current trends and interests.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate relationships and influence senior decision makers.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of API technical documentation and strong project management skills are beneficial.
• Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative; ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically-based PowerPoint presentations as well as text documents.
• Ability in explaining complex issues to external partners, presenting the organization and diverse operations in a compelling manner, including when to leverage experience of internal stakeholders in a sales pitch; understanding of how to align the needs and interests of the organization with those of a corporate partner.
The ideal candidate will also be highly adaptable to change and comfortable dealing with ambiguity, stress and competing demands with grace and humor.
Excellent command of spoken and written English (fluency/level C knowledge).
Deadline for application: