Senior Logistics Associate (Common Services) SC7, Maputo - Mozambique
World Food Programme
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, offer, training, or any other fees). Offers of WFP employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. WFP does not concern itself with information on bank accounts. Any requests for such payment or information should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action and to WFP for its information.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate/ university degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Social Science, International Relations, Logistics Communications or a related field is a plus.
Experience: At least 7 years progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian logistics, including in shipping or air transport and logistics/transport operations.
Languages: Fluency in both written and spoken communication in the Portuguese and English languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Ideally the staff member should have:
- Good understanding / experience of the Humanitarian reform / the Cluster Approach
- Experience coordinating with transportation providers and third parties.
- Emergency logistics assessments and analysis
- Experience assisting in project management and in preparing and managing budgets.
- Emergency leading a team of national staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement, supported by analysis and recommendations.
4. Gather market intelligence, coordinate vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) and produce relevant reports to support vendor selection process.
5. Manage complex operational issues and provide solutions or recommendations related to all assistance modalities, using initiative and following processes, to ensure the provision of timely resolutions with excellent client service mind-set.
6. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
7. Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
9. Provide comprehensive analyses of operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
10. Manage and coordinate a full range of documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to address issues and recommend improvements in processes.
11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis to produce comprehensive reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) providing insight and recommendations that enable informed decision-making.
12. Coordinate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and strengthen partnerships on humanitarian supply chain.
13. Manage a team(s) of staff providing technical advice, coaching, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
14. Participate in logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK - OUR BEHAVIOUR MATTERS
- Leads by Example with Integrity
Lives WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others.
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change.
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth.
- Applies Strategic Thinking
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things.
- Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Builds and nurtures external partnerships & collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Service Contract, Level 7
Duty Station: Maputo
Duration: 12 months
This position is open to Mozambican Nationals Only.
Female and qualified applicants with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
19th September 2023
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.