Driver SC2 - Beirut FO
World Food Programme
WFP Lebanon encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. WFP does not charge a fee or request bank details at any stage of recruitment process. We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity, and disability.
يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالميّ عن موظفيين لديهم درجة عالية من النزاهة والمهنيّة. يتمّ اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسيّ. لا يتقاضى برنامج الأغذية العالمي أيّ رسوم ولا يطلب أي معلومات مصرفيّة خلال أيّ مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف. نحن ملتزوم بالتنوّع والإشراك ضمن القوى العاملة ونشجّع جميع المرشّحين المؤهّلين على تقديم الطلبات بغضّ النظر عن دينهم، معتقداتهم، خلفيتهم العرقيّة أو الاجتماعيّة، جنسهم، هويّتهم الجنسيّة أو إعاقتهم.
Job Title: Driver SC2
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months (renewable based on business need and performance)
Duty Station: Beirut Field Office
Date of Publication: 05 September 2023
Deadline of Application: 20 September 2023
Terms and Conditions:
This vacancy announcement is open for qualified Lebanese nationals.
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, various types of leaves including maternity and paternity, medical and life insurances, provision of breastfeeding rooms for new parents, and various wellness platforms.
WFP Lebanon offers flexible working hours schedule upon prior approval.
Our premises are accessible, and we are committed to accommodate to any required reasonable accessible needs to remove barriers in the workplace.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Fleet Manager and the overall supervision of the Head of Field Office, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Completion of Secondary school education, along with formal driver's training and possession of a valid driver's license or certification to operate the assigned vehicle in compliance with local rules and regulations.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in one of the UN languages ( Arabic or English). Fluency in French is an advantage.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role:
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g., fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.