Internship - Supply Chain Food Systems & Country Capacity Strengthening, Supply Chain Div., Rome
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Internship – Supply Chain Food Systems & Country Capacity Strengthening
Supply Chain Operations Division (SCO)
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill an intern position in the Supply Chain Food Systems & Country Capacity Strengthening team in the Strategic Engagement Unit (SCOE) of the Supply Chain Operations Division (SCO). This position is based in Rome, Italy.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DIVISION/GENERAL INFORMATION
- Title of Post: Internship
- Supervisor: Head and Deputy Head of Food Systems & CCS Team
- Unit: SCOE, Strategic Engagement Unit
- Country: Italy
- Duty Station: Rome
- Duration of internship: 6 months
- Expected Start Date: October 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with information management activities;
- Take and keep notes and meeting minutes as needed; and perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate programme from a recognized university OR recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme) from a recognized university;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficient in MS Office package, particularly in Microsoft Excel.
- Having demonstrated ability in supply chain, food systems and logistics performance analysis is an advantage.
Excellent written and spoken English is required (proficiency/level C).
Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, French, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is desirable.
Under the direct supervision of Head and Deputy Head of Food Systems & CCS Team.
Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, weLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
VA Reference no: 829342
Closing Date: 20 September 2023 at 11:59pm Rome time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.