Programme Assistant (Community Feedback Mechanism) - G5, Islamabad
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Community Feedback Mechanism)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: Starting at PKR 160,000/- per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Islamabad
Number of Positions: 01
Vacancy Number: 829257
Date of Publication: 06- September 2023
Deadline of Application: 20-September 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
The purpose of hiring the Programme Assistant (Community Feedback Mechanism) is to reinforce the ongoing mechanism that encourages and facilitates the flow of feedback from the public to WFP and ensures that issues are registered, escalated, and tracked in an efficient manner until the feedback loop is closed resulting in the resolution of complaints and improvement in Programme design and delivery. Similarly, the incumbent is expected to further strengthen the Accountability to Affected Populations aspects in the overall information collection procedures and enforce the feedback by timely resolution of the reported issues.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Review and update the feedback intake form in accordance with the recent WFP corporate guidelines and country-specific requirements.
2. Guide the communications team to design appropriate verbal and pictorial messages to encourage community feedback
3. Establish various feedback mechanisms for improving overall access and coverage, particularly for women within given social norms across Pakistan
4. Ensure the timely provision of adequate communication material (e.g., CFM banners and flyers) to the distribution sites to encourage the community feedback
5. Ensure that an efficient mechanism is available to interact with the communities in their local/regional languages and seek their suggestion for further improvement in the community feedback.
6. Liaise with the Gender and Protection Officer for preparation of various IEC materials for highlighting various relating to women's empowerment, and safety and protection issues of the affected population.
7. Ensure the focal persons at various levels collect quality information while maintaining confidentiality and impartiality, and report back relevant evidence.
8. Maintain regular follow-up at various levels within WFP for compilation of relevant information to ensure the reported issues are addressed in a transparent manner, and relevant evidence is sufficient for any future reference.
9. Ensure that the information shared while tracking the issues is in line with the WFP corporate guidelines on data privacy and protection of complainant identity.
10. Ensure that the CFM dashboard and reports are periodically updated, and information is disseminated to the relevant staff.
11. Any other task assigned by the supervisor
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
Completion of secondary school education supplemented by first level university degree in Monitoring, Statistics,Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration or Social Sciences or any other related field.
Minimum 5-years of relevant work experience in managing the community feedback mechanism or a similar system of feedback mechanism preferably with International organization or UN system.
Knowledge & Skills:
Understanding of issues in humanitarian and social development work
Knowledge of generally accepted universal standards on protection of the affected population
Knowledge of generally accepted universal standards on data protection and privacy
Skills in database management and development of dashboard
Skills in report writing with infographics
Proficiency in English and Urdu. Understanding of local/regional languages along with hands on experience of online feedback mechanisms will be considered additional advantage.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behavior aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in country office Islamabad, Pakistan. Job holders will report to Head of Unit, or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.