Programme Associate (M&E and Quality Assurance) - SC6, Islamabad
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Associate (M&E and Quality Assurance)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Salary: Starting at PKR 200,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Islamabad
Vacancy Number: 29258
Date of Publication: 6th September 2023
Deadline of Application: 20th September 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
The purpose of hiring a Quality Assurance Officer is to ensure the implementation of the quality framework in line with the corporate guidelines of WFP and fulfil the quality needs identified by various stakeholders, including the management of sub-offices and the programme teams. The incumbent will lead the WFP Pakistan office in quality assurance and implementation of the quality framework. Moreover, the incumbent will also support evidence generation with the support and guidance from the head of the M&E Unit.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Under the direct supervision of the Head of the unit, collaborate with focal points to oversee, guide, and coordinate the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Quality Measurement Matrix work plan
2. Review the quality framework and incorporate suitable changes where necessary
3. Draft a detailed plan with clearly defined milestones to be achieved for the implementation of the quality framework
4. Collaborate with programmatic area managers to develop and implement specific action plans, taking responsibility for the execution of assigned tasks
5. Design a mechanism to track progress on the implementation of the quality framework
6. Collect periodical progress data on quality assurance measures and report to the management
7. Proactively identify and address project challenges, proposing timely solutions to mitigate risks and ensure the smooth progress of the YoQ, considering the multitude of dependencies involved
8. Prepare periodic reports/updates to show key achievements, bottlenecks and support required to accomplish the listed tasks
9. Suggest corrective measures to bridge the quality gaps
10. Build capacity of the internal stakeholders on quality assurance mechanism
11. Document the lessons learnt and best practices in quality assurance.
12. Liaise with relevant colleagues to contribute to the efforts of evidence generated through research and assessments
13. Provide inputs for incorporating the quality assurance mechanism in the design of the WFP intervention
14. Other tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Completion of secondary school education supplemented by first level university degree in development studies, economics, or any other discipline of humanities and social sciences that provides a good understanding of social development, organizational management, and quality assurance. Preference will be given to candidates with a university degree/training certification in business management, quality assurance and research.
Minimum 6 years of experience in quality assurance/management preferably in the context of social development and evidence generation in any international organization or UN system.
Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of the latest developments in quality management
Knowledge of social development issues
Skills in data analysis and report writing
Proficiency in writing and verbal communication in English is requisite
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behavior aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
This position will be based in Country Office, Islamabad and incumbent will report to head of Unit or designate
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.