WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Opening date:6th November 2023 Closing date:19th November 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to a more senior Administration Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Manage premises and office space both at the CO and Area Offices and advise management on essential requirements including space allocation/sitting arrangements, amenities, and security consideration.
• Inspect and evaluate physical condition of premises and submit recommendations to management for maintenance, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment and reallocation of space.
• Arrange necessary preventative maintenance and repair interventions of office premises both at the Country Office and Area Offices, including plumbing, masonry, carpentry, and electrical works.
• Liaise with other UN Agencies/INGOs/counterparts on common/cost shared facilities; prepare billings and/or facilitate cost sharing payments in a timely manner.
• Plan and organize maintenance and repair of utility systems and cleanliness of premises, furniture, fittings, office equipment, and other physical structures.
• Supervise contractors providing cleaning, catering, gardening, waste management and other office services, ensure services are rendered in accordance with Contract Terms of Reference/Scope of Works and report any discrepancies to supervisor for administrative action.
• Monitor, through the compilation of information, the visual examination of the premises and the preparation of work orders, the installation, construction, maintenance, repair and housekeeping of the building, installations, equipment, grounds, etc and report areas/aspects that require attention.
• Verify and certify correctness of facilities related invoices before financial processing, including review of relevant Goods Receipt Notes (GRNs) and Service Entry Sheets (SES’s) for accuracy and timeliness in compliance with IPSAS requirements.
• Maintain and update tracking database/spreadsheet for all active facilities related services both at the Country Office and Area Offices, ensuring that each service has corresponding Purchase Order to facilitate payment processing.
• Keep track of leasehold improvements, fuel consumption records, electricity consumption, facilities greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, update ARCHIBUS and submit carbon footprint data to Climate Neutral Team at HQ as per set corporate timelines.
• Respond to queries from a variety of sources pertaining to facilities by producing targeted information or by re-directing to the most appropriate source; review related correspondence and provide timely feedback.
• Prepare on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations, and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
• Perform any related duties assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business management, Business Administration or another relevant field.
Experience: At least one (1) year postgraduate progressive experience in Administration role with relevant experience in facilities management, engineering or environmental sustainability.
Language: Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Somali.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work independently on analytical and technical matters with minimum supervision.
Strong organizational skills and ability to deliver timely high-quality deliverables.
Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Critical Thinking ability to analyze situations and make decisions based on on-hand information.
Strong analytical and report writing skills in English.
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc)
Training and Capacity Strengthening skills.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Business Support Services & Reporting
Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.
Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering
Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.
Resource Management for Administration and Engineering
Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.
Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1 year (initial)contract
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 19th November 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.