Director, Platform Product & Strategy
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Xpansiv provides the market infrastructure to rapidly scale the world’s energy transition. The company’s main business units include CBL, the largest spot exchange for environmental commodities, including carbon credits and renewable energy certificates; SRECTrade, one of the largest transaction and management firms in the solar renewable energy market, APX, the leading provider of registry infrastructure for energy, power, and environmental markets, and H2OX, a leading spot exchange for Australian water allocations. Xpansiv also provides end-of-day and historical market data and operates the leading multi-registry portfolio management system for environmental commodities. Xpansiv.com
We are seeking a Director to work within the Platform Product and Strategy team to help drive the success of the Xpansiv Platform by solving complex problems and designing effective solutions with a focus on our Data business. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data, commodities markets, exchanges and trading, as well as experience in product management and software development. The Product and Strategy team sits at the heart of the Xpansiv Platform and is responsible for the Platform vision and strategy, product roadmap and prioritization, along with the development and implementation of our offerings. This is an opportunity to have a near- and long-term impact on the global energy transition.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization to define the data strategy and product roadmap, capture requirements and work with the Product and Strategy team to translate them into action
- Develop detailed product specifications including user stories, wireframes, use cases, process diagrams and acceptance criteria. Lead feature discussion, sprint planning and documentation, including user guides and release notes
- Lead the integration of new datasets for Platform products, Registries, Ratings and other partners including defining and structuring the packaging of data to ensure usability
- Provide subject matter expertise and respond to technical data questions from clients surrounding our products, onboarding, troubleshooting and other client enquiries
- Work closely with Engineering, DevOps, and QA teams to see that the requirements are implemented successfully and according to specifications
- Conduct market research, user research and competitive analysis to drive data product development and identify market gaps
- Manage data partner relationships and work with them to understand changes in order to build new interpretations of the data
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with other product managers, data science, analysts, engineering teams and business stakeholders to ensure coordination and completion of roadmap
- Understand the wide range of our customer personas including front, mid- and back office needs in order to solicit feature requests and manage them into product planning and execution
- Maintain a working knowledge of our core system technologies and a broad understanding of company systems and platform technologies
- Provide transparency on backlogs, sprints, milestones, releases and resource capacity to all stakeholders
- Analyze data and metrics to measure product performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and develop and implement solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years previous experience as a product manager with knowledge of software development methodologies and principles
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, Salesforce and other product management tools
- Experience managing a product portfolio overseeing the entire product lifecycle, targeting full engineering lifecycle and go to market delivery
- Background working in commodity markets, energy markets, oil and gas production OR working in banking, trading, clearing or related industry
- Efficient and effective requirements writer, leveraging the right documentation elements to effectively communicate requirements to the relevant stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data and insights to inform product decisions
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Here at Xpansiv, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in building trust and transparency in global efforts toward net-zero future. Xpansiv is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note to Recruiters: Xpansiv does not accept unsolicited resumes or referrals from placement agencies, staffing vendors or other external parties seeking recruiting fees without a signed formal agreement.
See more open positions at Xpansiv
Something looks off?